My Jeep Compass Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
I've never known the CAI to be onsale, but it's possible. I have a wholesaler I do enough business with that I get 10% off all my parts.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i just installed this air exhaust i got from ebay. came with the knn filter all for just 104 bucks.
What is your impression of the Ebay intake? I've looked at them, was curious if they were any good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
it seems fine, i can feel the difference. not sure about gas mileage yet. it is a little big, i couldn't fit the batter cover over it. but i haven't actually seen other intakes so for the price i think it does the job. so far so good.

·
Registered
14 Posts
just ordered some nightshade to tint out my tail lights. i went this route because the tint shop was charging way to much. i will post pics when its done.

·
Registered
64 Posts
So I did a horsepower test on my jeep a few days ago. After the intake and exhaust change my jeep puts out approximately 205HP. I'm slightly disappointed as I would like a little more, but It's a good starting point and I look forward to finding other ways to pull more out of my engine.
What gear and RPM did you get that reading from? The K&N graph that shows 7hp gain is in a second gear run at 4500RPM.
Wes

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'll go back and see if he's still got all the data. I loaned it to my buddy to do the test.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ok Wesleyd, the data came back. 205HP @5000RPM, 2nd gear run.

·
Registered
14 Posts
nightshade tint

ok so today i added my rear molded mud guards, which look great. and here are some pics of my tail lights and turn signal lights tinted with nightshade. the only thing you have to look out for is over spraying. 2 of them came out perfect, the other 2 not so perfect but i will live. maybe i will try to remove the nightshade and do it again in the near future.

Attachments

·
Registered
381 Posts
I don't really consider it usable HP, I don't often run my engine at 5000 RPM.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Ive bought a mopar body kit, magnaflow exaust upgraded brake(slotted and drilled), ceramic brake pads ang 19" chrome wheels
Welcome Compassed, hope to see some pics.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Welcome to the forum..............put some pics once you'll hit 15 posts...........

·
Registered
60 Posts
So I did a horsepower test on my jeep a few days ago. After the intake and exhaust change my jeep puts out approximately 205HP. I'm slightly disappointed as I would like a little more, but It's a good starting point and I look forward to finding other ways to pull more out of my engine.
Wow, a 20HP gain over stock is quite impressive for just bolt-on intake and exhaust. Did you do a before/after on the dyno? It would be interesting to see how the mods effected the engine curves :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
I recently read an article that the Chevy HHR has Direct Injection. Their 2.0L engine puts out 260 hp. Problem is direct injection requires well over 2200 psi of fuel presure. Also special cylinder heads that deflect the fuel upwards toward the spark plug.

Wonder how hard it would be to put the HHR engine into the Compass; that would give an almost 90 hp gain.

ECOTEC Turbo 2.0L DOHC 4-cylinder DI (manual transmission 260 hp @ 5300 rpm, 260 lb-ft of torque @ 2000 rpm; automatic transmission 235 hp @ 5550 rpm, 223 lb-ft of torque @ 1650 rpm)

·
Registered
5 Posts
First after market accessories fitted

Fitted a set of Mopar Splash guards (or mud flaps in UK). Went on a treat, had to drill one hole in each, as existing holes & bolts were also used. Took about 30 minutes. Didn't have to take off any wheels either.:D:eek:

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have only had my 08 Compass for a couple of weeks now but have added an exhaust tip and splash guards. I got it used so I put new tires on it, painted the muffler. I too would like to get the crome grill insert and a really good european radio antenna.
sized_P1050003.JPG

41 - 60 of 66 Posts