My Jeep Compass Forum banner

What are you comparing the 2017+ Compass to?

17K views 42 replies 20 participants last post by  jjcom 
#1 ·
With a total history of Toyota ownership lasting 8 years I will be comparing the Rav4 to the all-new Compass. This is in no way a new segment and has a history stretching at least 10-15 years with many rivals to choose from. So with that being said, what else are you looking at?

#36 ·
My previous car was a Kuga (Escape to the US folks) and was quite a lot bigger than my Compass. It was a lot heavier and thirstier too.

Before that I had a couple of Yeti’s which were very similar in size and running costs. It also feels very similar in size to my Freelander 1’s that I had in the past even though the later Freelanders would be considered a size up from the Compass.

#37 · (Edited)
I'm coming from a long line of Jeeps, other Chrysler products, and GM products. I purchased my Compass to replace my 2008 Jeep Patriot. I miss the Patriot but I'm satisfied with the Compass. The Compass is cushier than the Patriot, but it doesn't feel as much like a Jeep as my Patriot did. Most of my driving is on the highway so the Compass is a good vehicle for me.

Fuel economy has been a real surprise. I'm getting well over 30MPG overall (31.1 since purchase) and well into the low 30s MPG on a level highway.

I really don't care for the 9-spd auto -- a headwind will make it downshift and a hill will make it drop down three or four gears. The thing just loves shifting! I'm hoping it will last since I tend to keep my vehicles to 200,000+ miles, but all that shifting makes me worry.

#38 ·
I test drove a Certified Audi Q3 before I started looking at the 2nd gen Compass. I preferred the Audi but at $35K for a used car and the dealer won't budge with the sale price or trade in value, it wasn't much of a choice. The Jeep was a compromise but with the $3K rebate and discounts it was almost $10,000 less than the Audi with similar features.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.