My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These threads are the most popular on other sites, so let's try it here. Mods, wheeling, road trip or just a wash and polish? Let's see a pic or two....

I swapped my winter rims back to my summer ones, using the scissor jack from the trunk - glad I got seperate rims not just tires, now I can do it myself every year, saving $50 or so each time

Next it needs another a wash!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah I post to one of these on another site all the time.
You need a jack to make that a little quicker.
Well it wasn't today but will post what I did last weekend just to get this started.

Changed PTU and rear diff fluid with Valovine conventional 80W-90.
Change oil and filter, Quaker State High-Mileage 5W-20 and Fram filter.
Drain and filled radiator (broke drain plug, DON'T TAKE IT OUT) with Zerex G-05.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for responding ronjr, lets see if anyone else will bite... :)

You need a jack to make that a little quicker.
Yeah now I've done it once, I'll get a trolley jack and maybe axle stands over the summer, it was hard work!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I washed mine if that counts.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Detailed the both of them. Just got the VW on Friday for the wife she turned her Jetta in off lease.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Cleaned out my car and organized it. I typically have to keep a lot of gear in it for work at all times so its always a challenge.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not today but yesterday drove from Montreal to Niagara Falls (ON), took $62 to fill up (used to take $45 to fill the Patriot, gas prices suck!!!) - haven't worked out mpg yet but did around 650km on tank

No issues driving except wind noise was noticeable as it was through the night and my son/fiancée were sleeping! Also it wants to drive at 90kph when loaded, too slow!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Not today but yesterday drove from Montreal to Niagara Falls (ON), took $62 to fill up (used to take $45 to fill the Patriot, gas prices suck!!!) - haven't worked out mpg yet but did around 650km on tank

No issues driving except wind noise was noticeable as it was through the night and my son/fiancée were sleeping! Also it wants to drive at 90kph when loaded, too slow!
So I worked out my mpg was 22.5 for the journey there, fully loaded doing around 100kph. Fuel hasn't run low yet so don't know my return mpg. Average of all my recorded mpg's is 22.8 over 9800km

Just realized I should have plasti-dipped my wheels before putting them back on, perfect time to have done it! :(

·
Registered
18 Posts
Went to Canadian Tire and bought a jug of Platinum synthetic on sale for $25
and waxed the front part hood and rear with Nufinish will do the doors maybe tomorrow. I also put in 36 psi up from 32 psi to see how it handles and maybe get better mileage, what do you guys run for tire pressure?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Fitted my roof rack cross bars, in prep for the Rola basket :)

Got them from eBay, I've been looking for flush towers not overhanging bars, they're Chinese but I like them. More pics in the gallery

·
Registered
176 Posts
Looks good! I am a big fan of the 2011- roof racks. Can you set them at four different slots like the pre 2011 ones? I wonder if they would fit a "classic" compass (oooooooohhh)... the clasps look similar.
Nice lookin! So.. when are you gonna plasti coat ur rims again? :hyper::hyper:

1 - 20 of 109 Posts