My Jeep Compass Forum banner

21 - 40 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thanks both!

On the 11's you can't move the bars, which might look odd with the rola basket but i hope not

The rims would be this weekend but my son is sick in hospital so it will have to wait a while

·
Registered
176 Posts
Sorry to hear that dude. Kids in hospital is no fun at all. At least you have your priorities right. But, Your compass is gonna look awesome with the blacked out grille/wheels and the basket on top!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
Our boys' back to 100% now, they were worried it was menigitis but was most likely mono

So today I swapped back to my winters and prepped the alloys (with the help of my beautiful and understanding wife!) for plasti-dipping tomorrow :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Plasti-dipped the rims (finally!) - it rained half-way through so I could compare, I want new winter rims! More pics in gallery...

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Put on some blind spot mirrors to see if it helps, not driven it to test them yet

·
Registered
26 Posts
Detailed my Compass inside and out after my road trip. Showroom quality again!

·
Registered
21 Posts
These threads are the most popular on other sites, so let's try it here. Mods, wheeling, road trip or just a wash and polish? Let's see a pic or two....

I swapped my winter rims back to my summer ones, using the scissor jack from the trunk - glad I got seperate rims not just tires, now I can do it myself every year, saving $50 or so each time

Next it needs another a wash!

:hail: While I admire you for doing the Job and saving the $50.00 ...I myself have no faith in the scissor jack and plus I'm notorious for snapping nuts off no matter the size..Don't even no my own strength..lol.. Have to ask though how you get by in the Winter Months with the Low Tire Air warning ?? Back in 2008 each Tire Scensor was $38.00 x 4 = $152.00 tacked onto whatever price you paid for a second set of Rims.. But then again if You do like they did back in the 60's by sticking a piece of gum over the annoying dash light...lol..or maybe a colorful sticker...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Around 3,500 miles the oil change indicator reminded me it was time for an oil change. The dealer picked it up and the Train Chaser had his first oil change...they grow up so fast! :p

·
Registered
9 Posts
changed the oil with mobil one and a fram filter. used to take it to get oil changed but theres a certain satisfaction doing it yourself. cant post any pics yet cause my phone is ancient. its a 2008 silver compass sport with some chrome accessories. thinking about painting the tires letters. not too many options for white letter tires that size

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
changed the oil with mobil one and a fram filter. used to take it to get oil changed but theres a certain satisfaction doing it yourself. cant post any pics yet cause my phone is ancient. its a 2008 silver compass sport with some chrome accessories. thinking about painting the tires letters. not too many options for white letter tires that size
Wow, you might want use a different filter. High grade oil with the lowest quality filter. LOL

Wix and NAPA Gold are two you should find easy enough. Otherwise get real cheap oil and change it often 3000 miles max.

·
Registered
286 Posts
lets see today im going to clean the inside of my Jeep my dog Kakashi loves to ride with the back seat folded down and the Windows down as well but seems to still get hair eveý place lol

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hi There,

Fitted some nice looking mud flaps today, not expensive and easy to fit.

Cheers,

BusterOz
Nice, please more info :think:

21 - 40 of 110 Posts