My Jeep Compass Forum banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
We got our first real dump of snow here in Ottawa this week, just in time to test how the Compass behaves in snow with the lift kit. I went down an unplowed, unmaintained concession road with 12inch deep puddles and I had no problem at all. I loved the comments I got from co-workers for all the frozen muddy ice all over my compass: "that's how a car is supposed to look!" :D

·
Registered
213 Posts
I had a lot of broken concrete from home reno work. I thought, well I'll just load whatever I can in the Compass - so I loaded until the rear end sagged slightly. No where near the tires but just enough that it was a bit lower than normal at the rear. I scaled in and out at the transfer station and it was just over 1,000 lbs difference. I thought that was pretty good for a small SUV.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had to replace both Rear outward control arms due to loose inner bushings. The Alignment shop would not do the 4 wheel alignment without new control arms.
I got a great price on a pair of control arms for $C128.00 and they were a piece of cake to replace. three 18mm bolts, and one 13mm bolt.
The alignment shop wanted $C138.00 per control arm, and 2 hours labour to replace at $85.00/hr.
Everything in the front was perfect.
While I had the wheels off, I painted the brake calipers black to match the body color.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts