My Jeep Compass Forum banner

101 - 110 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, I did something terribly boring and went and got my plates today. Actually I am glad I did. I feel very self conscious driving around with the paper plates.

I seems odd though, they gave me the plates, my Ham Radio plates are still on order; so when they come in I will have a second set of plates. I keep saying plates; be, even odder, this state (Kansas) only issues one plate. I asked what I am supposed to do in states that require two plates. The gal there said that she was aware that some states require two plates; but claimed that they have no record of anyone actually being cited for it. . .

·
Registered
213 Posts
Did a look around underneath. The subframes look good but the oil pan is rusty - guess they still hadn't fixed that in 2014. On of the CV boots seems to be leaking grease. It has to go in for a recall so I phoned the dealer about the CV boot - the person kept saying CVT while I kept saying CV boot, so it wasn't a productive conversation.

https://imgur.com/a/J3ejZ

·
Registered
213 Posts
ok the recall to replace the 'Occupant Restraint Controller' was done. They looked at the CV boot and said it needs a new driveshaft and it would cost $300. I said, driveshaft sure sounds like part of the powertrain to me and should be under warranty. They came back as said yes it is covered. (can't expect a FCA service advisor to know the details of FCA warranties after all). Then they thought they had the part but no it was the wrong one, so have to go back another day.
Typical FCA dealership service dept. Don't know obvious things, can't find parts, hurry up and wait. But they didn't actually lie to me or try to blame me for my vehicle's problems, so that was an improvement.

·
Registered
28 Posts
zoner99, are you happy with the wheel trim? I've been mulling around the idea of doing that to my Compass but I'm still undecided.

Mike.

·
Registered
213 Posts
zoner99, are you happy with the wheel trim? I've been mulling around the idea of doing that to my Compass but I'm still undecided.

Mike.
I'm happy with it. A stock Compass has wheels and tires that are set inward, I think they look better pushed further out so that the outer side of the wheels and tires is in line with the curve of the fenders/wheelwheels (approx zero offset wheels with 235's). The wheel trim accentuates that.
The wheel trim is attached with 3M adhesive and can be re-positioned or removed entirely with no hassles if you so choose.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well. . . I drove it to the Jeep dealership and walked home. Now I find out what the third party warranty will actually cover.

101 - 110 of 110 Posts