My Jeep Compass Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am a young retiree. I was a lotus Notes/Domino application developer. Also worked as a production analyst in a IBM 390 environment. Now I'm building my home...

I was a tinker, a sailor, a ...something... a spy...or however the song goes.
2007 jeep Compass 4x4 Silver

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi I'm a caterer, set up my own business last nov. Hard goin but you have to give it a go. If I didn't have to lease premises it would be alot easier. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I am a retired Minister. And fulltime Husband and grandpa to 7 grand kids.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My background is television and radio broadcasting. I'm currently a traffic / weather reporter for 3 stations here in Vancouver, BC. News1130, 96.9 Jack FM and 104.9 Clear FM. So far I haven't heard about any collisions involving a Compass...I may cry on the air if I need to report one.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I do outside sales and customer service for the aftermarket automotive parts industry, and also trying to set up my own shop and go into business for myself. I also am an investor, buying houses, re-modeling and selling them. The Compass is great for my active lifestyle, and I can't wait to see what everyone has to say about it when I join the local Jeep club.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Cherokee said:
I do outside sales and customer service for the aftermarket automotive parts industry, and also trying to set up my own shop and go into business for myself. I also am an investor, buying houses, re-modeling and selling them. The Compass is great for my active lifestyle, and I can't wait to see what everyone has to say about it when I join the local Jeep club.
I'd be interested to see what the Jeep club members say... I'm thinking they're may be a lot of bashing from the hardcore Jeepers...

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I am sure there will at least be a few laughs, but the truth is, I am not insecure about driving the Compass. Besides a few fit and finish issues, I am happier with it every day. My Cherokee is my baby, and this one is my toy. There are a couple trails around here actually that the Compass would probably do very well with. We'll have to see, but I have to save the real rock crawling for when I get my new block put in my Cherokee, then they can laugh all they want, because even in the Compass, it is still a Jeep thing, and I am having fun out there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Assistant Manager at a very large Fortune 500 discount retailer. Been there 5 years and I love it.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Software developer/ Analyst for Consulting company in Winnipeg, Manitoba and my wife works for Fed Gov't in Legal Dept.

We got our Jeep in May of 2007 and still loving it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Looking . . .
Was the traffic manager for a apparel importer, 25yrs with same firm, let go this summer. Sales slump since 9/11 - company restructured then finally sold, (the new owners now just doing what the need to keep the name). :shock:
Might not be in the Compass today had I forseen, but the buying company seemed strong and there was no warning of their intentions. In fact I had a decent raise (the first in 5yrs) this spring, so go know :!: . . . Glad for the Compass.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Branch Manager for TNT Express in Thessaloniki, Greece

·
Registered
84 Posts
Software Engineer

I get to play with circuit boards and make machines do stuff.
(Unix & DSP based embedded real time systems. A millisecond is an awful long time....)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Operating Services Manager

I provide Windows Server capacity for our company (> 2000 servers).
I've lived with IT since 1970 ...

21 - 40 of 53 Posts