My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to upgrade my radio.I know there are two versions of mygig radio_One is a low speed version,and the other is a high speed version.I am confused what is the difference between them.My vehicle is a new 2011 jeep compass.Which one should i need?Low speed or high speed?I find a mygig radio in ebay whoes part number is "P05064678AH A".Does this radio fit to my compass?Thank you very much!

·
Registered
339 Posts
the difference is the computer. i don't recall which is which, but if you put a high speed radio into a low speed car, the whole car will go bonkers (trust me, i did it to mine). sorry i can't be much more help than that.

also, make sure you get a mygig radio meant for asia, not for north america.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much!
I finally understand that the computer bus system of my compass is a low speed version.So I need a low speed Mygig radio.
the other problem is the DVD.because of the zoning restrictions,I may not play many kinds of DVD disc.But I can accept it.I can play CD,FM,High quality MP3,WMA and JPEG,that's enough for me!
Sirius satellite signal only Coverage in North America,so the satellite radio doesn't work in china,I can accept it.
The last problem is GPS.The radio has a navi unit build-in,so I think i can install a chinese versions vani software and map files.I believe it will work for me well.
Is my viewpoint correct?Can you give me some good advice?
Thank you!

·
Registered
339 Posts
you may not be able to install the correct maps for China, but i could be wrong. i'm afraid i cannot offer much help in that category.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts