My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought my 09 Compass in November of last year and took it in for it's first oil change last week. Needless to say, there was a long list of things they suggested I fix on it. Among them, the battery. They claimed they couldn't read the label and deep cycled it to 500 CCA which was not enough for my car. I just went under the hood and the label was perfectly clear to me. It's a 75DT-450 and the warranty sticker says NOV 13 so it was new when I got the Compass. I have Googled it and found some places sell this as the minimum suggested for my Jeep. Others list Group Code 86 batteries and in the forums I have read that 86-550 is the spec for this model. I'm confused. :dunno:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
The group # is what is important and then the CCA which is needed to be higher for winter starting. Batteries installed my vary with the region it was built for.

Most automotive shops have a battery cross reference and installing the highest CCA battery is the best for the long term. I doubt anything more than 750CCA is available for this as being a 2.4L is more than adequate.

·
Super Moderator
530 Posts
Group 86 is the battery size for the compass.

My 2012 Compass came with a 525cca battery.

a group 34/78 Battery will fit as well.

I currently have a group 24 Deep Cycle battery installed in my compass, but it is a lot larger than the factory battery so I had to do a bit of mods to get it to fit in.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts