My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all can see the manufacter specifications, but in real conditions numbers are different.

Compass 2.0Crd - 140bhp/310Nm
Tyres 215/60/17
Sport trim
Speedometer reading - 200 km/h (125mph) on the highway.

Hope everybody will join the topis with their results.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
I see no points to this......as speed is not one of the main criteria of a Compass......

My 2 cents !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I see no points to this......as speed is not one of the main criteria of a Compass......

My 2 cents !

I agree Jeep is not a sport car and the roads are not race tracks. But this topic is not about measure "Look my car is faster!" its more about how different engines, trims, tires, upgrades performs and is there any difference between real and factory specifications.

Though it might be interesting:)

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Well said and I agree as well, the Compass is certainly not a speed demon, lol, but it's still interesting to know what folks are getting for real world numbers. I only raced my Compass one time, but 90mph is as high as I got, didn't really want to push it farther than that. :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
222 Posts
i went to centrilia airfield in london ontario ( private airfield) we were granted access to the runways i went for a run with fellow bmw club members. i hit 180 or 190 then i had to get on my brakes... it was pitch black and all we had were the runway lights it was a pretty cool experience - the m5 going off the end of the runway into a field... i should post pics from that day!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
That just sounds like fun zackman and yes, you should definitely post pics!!! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
265 Posts
I will tell you next year. Because I will do autocross racing or lapping for french Canadian with my jeep!

Canada it's not like Germany, no autobahn here with no speed limit.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Last week while passing 2 cars on US 12 in South Dakota I hit 107 MPH.

2011 2.4 4WD CVT
Must have been a tail wind, down hill with Premium gas. LOL

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well today when i was coming back home from rabbit hunting, i hit 115MPH. and yes i was going down a hill. but still it was 115 :]

·
Registered
11 Posts
i'm curious if their is even a limiter with the CVT tranny? 115 seems a little high for a 2.4L and it was still pushing just didnt feel like dying in a compass going 115+

1 - 16 of 16 Posts