My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have been having problems with our Jeep for about a year and a half. It started with a crank shaft sensor. We have had to replace that thing about 4 times now. Then, the key wouldn't work. Then the crankshaft sensor again. Finally, nothing we changed would make it run. We took it to a dealership. They said the PCM needed changed. So we bought one (pre-programmed) from Flagship One and installed it. Now it's throwing 7 different codes - Flagship One is saying the codes are not PCM related or non-existent. Any ideas?

The codes are:
C2174 (Manufacturer control)
C3064 (Manufacturer control)
P0055 (HO2S Heater Resistance Bank 1 Sensor 3)
C342D (Manufacturer control)
P0123 (Throttle/pedal position Sensor/Switch A Circuit High) <--- this one shows twice
P2172 (Throttle Actuator Control System Sudden High Airflow Detected)

· Registered
10 Posts
Aftermarket. I just don't have $1200 to have the PCM replaced... :/

I bought a

Aftermarket. I just don't h
Aftermarket. I just don't have $1200 to have the PCM replaced... :/
ave $1200 to have the PCM replaced... :/

pcm from those guys and

I bought one from them too, it gave 18 codes when I got it back. Call them and they refunded my money. I am still having issues with my GD jeep. I think it's a short in my wiring.

· Registered
169 Posts
Any time a module which communicates with other modules (such as the PCM) is changed, there's normally a procedure which has to be run, a PROXI alignment (sometimes incorrectly called "proxy"). There are tools which will let you do it yourself, or you can pay a dealer (or some independent shops) to do it. I suspect that's what's needed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts