My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2011 Compass in May. The other day I was closing the rear gate after I put some stuff in the back. The latch did not lock so I closed the gate with more force and I'll be damned! The sheet metal where you place your hand to close the gate dented in in the general outline of my hand.

I think this is a matter that should be covered under the factory warranty (due to defect in materials). The lady who was in charge of the dealer's collision shop called me a liar to my face (twice!) saying that my hand didn't do the damage. (I sure as hell know it did because I was right there when it happened!)

I also talked to the 2 sales managers who said it wouldn't be covered by warranty. I've written the dealership's general manager to see what he says before I complain to Chrysler.

What is your opinion ?? Warranty or not ?

·
Registered
339 Posts
that's a gray area, some might cover it, some won't. when i bought mine, the next day the passenger side mirror cracked somehow. my shop covered it for me, but other shops could have said "you hit it, we won't cover it."

i just spoke to my service advisor to get a fresh perspective. she confirmed that it would not be covered under warranty.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
That really sucks. Sadly, not much to be said when manufacturers skimp on quality only to end up with no cost savings to pass on to the customer. Not the first time I've heard of something like this happening on a C/J/D vehicle and lately, too. If you don't have another dealer you can take it to, I'd be hitting the e-mail to Chrysler if it were me. Good luck.

- Cherokee

1 - 3 of 3 Posts