My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My wife purchased new wheels and winter tires this week, and according to the website they "do" fit the 2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk. Yes, they fit - but they rub against the front calipers (rears are fine). So, I had to go out and buy 8mm spacers to allow the wheels to clear the calipers.

However, in my research, everything is saying you need to buy lugs that are OEM + spacer size. So, if that's correct, I need either 35mm or 36mm lugs. But I'm struggling to find a source for them. I did try putting on the OEM lugs, and they seem to catch the threads quickly which tells they aren't engaged enough to be safe.

Any suggestions? We had to throw on the OEM rims for the time being until I can find a solution. If I need to purchase lugs, does anyone know of a place that has 12x1.25 x 35mm lugs in stock??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi All,

My wife purchased new wheels and winter tires this week, and according to the website they "do" fit the 2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk. Yes, they fit - but they rub against the front calipers (rears are fine). So, I had to go out and buy 8mm spacers to allow the wheels to clear the calipers.

However, in my research, everything is saying you need to buy lugs that are OEM + spacer size. So, if that's correct, I need either 35mm or 36mm lugs. But I'm struggling to find a source for them. I did try putting on the OEM lugs, and they seem to catch the threads quickly which tells they aren't engaged enough to be safe.

Any suggestions? We had to throw on the OEM rims for the time being until I can find a solution. If I need to purchase lugs, does anyone know of a place that has 12x1.25 x 35mm lugs in stock??
I figured it out. Instead of using cheap spacers I found at Canadian Tire, I bought proper spacers from Titan for all four wheels. These ones have the proper hub-centric fittings on them, so no worrying about the lugs having to support the vehicle weight.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts