My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Open question to all members ........

Let's say that Jeep executives come to you and gives you an opportunity (one shot only) to change or modified one thing on the Compass; that you feel woul greatly improves its look, ride performance or what ever turns you on..........

What would it be and explain why?????
Can't wait to see some responses .........

Have fun............

·
Registered
348 Posts
Custom body kit of my design. It would look a lot more like this.

Not sold on this paint. The ditches on the side are filled in. Lower bumper and sides are a cleaner look. I like the wheels much better and the hood has a carbon insert. Would also borrow some design elements from Startec. Would vent the front wheel wells and behind the D pillar. The outside mirrors would become more wedge shaped. Would fill in the grill with mesh. All chrome bits would be black chrome including the grill. The kit would also include an LED crescent under the headlights. Why? Cause I like it like that.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I would add more inside storage compartments. I would like to see some sort of space in the left rear cargo area. Maybe something that could be locked.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I would ask that the engineers find a way to squeeze another 5 mpg or better out of this engine or design another one altogether. No drop in performance allowed though. This would be my "one" thing.
i'm with you, improved MPG but i would want to see another 10mpg :eek: :D

·
Registered
169 Posts
I hear that. I think it would be nice to see this car with a small turbo charged V6 and a six speed. In short: Give the the drive train some power.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I'm rather satisfied with the 2.4 World Engine's power. That's me though, but better MPG would be appreciated.
I agree with J2, power is fine with the 2.4, but a six-speed, or overdrive could up the MPG by dropping the RPM while highway cruising.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I would love if they had included the "cool box" mini-fridge thing. I never did understand why the caliber had it as an option, but the jeeps didn't. That thing would have been great on my 1400 mile trip to Jersey last month!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Oooo good call. I should take to a dodge dealership about getting one installed on my jeep. They can service Jeeps there and I know it for a fact lol

·
Registered
381 Posts
The only problem you might have is getting the AC hoses run into that area. I'm sure they can do it but it will probably cost a lot to get done.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I think it would be nice to have turn indicator lights on the rear-view mirrors.

·
Registered
35 Posts
What I would do....

Well, first things first.... Since the Compass is a Caliber's inbreed cousin - I'd swap out all that is performance with the SRT4 and drop in into the Compass... On top of that HP, take the Rallye kit and "beef" it up just a little... Some carbon fiber accents, a little bolder looking, bigger wheels....

That's what I would do, being on ex-CSRT4 owner and loving the handling/speed of that car...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Huh

I would change the way they do extensive diagnostic test.:mad: Why change a PCM if the diagnosis test says its fine.and if diagnosis is fine warranty will not cover..:???: Darn computers .

·
Registered
169 Posts
Well i try to find out what the problem is and then bring it in. I haven't had to do this with my Compass yet, but I've done it with other vehicals in the past.

But anyway, I think it'd be really awesome to be able to get a Compass with a V6, or even a 5 cylinder. (yeah, they exist) All in all, a little more power would be nice.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i'm with you, improved MPG but i would want to see another 10mpg :eek: :D
You guys are so practical haha

I would also love to see it with a V6 or a turbo thrown in there. Also maybe see the window between the c and d pillars stretched a little bit, or have a style vent. I have always thought it is a little thick and lacking style.

·
Registered
23 Posts
One thing I've thought about since the day I bought my compass, was how cool it would be to have a liftgate like the Cherokee. You know with the glass opening separately if you choose. That would be great when carrying those really long items and still have room for a couple passengers. I've looked at it and thought about this, but I don't think there's any way to do it without some serious money involved.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts