My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what is the prices of gas near you?
Currently in Winnipeg, Mb:
$1.08/L (that's aprox $4.09 a US Gal or $4.81 a Imperial Gal)

Also it's currently -25c...... :(

·
Registered
44 Posts
Around here it varies between $2.95-$3.05/gallon for regular unleaded.

Thankfully its $2.95 by my house. :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dirtball said:

79c /L :!:

I don't think that I will ever see that again in Canada

·
Registered
360 Posts
rommel543 said:
Dirtball said:

79c /L :!:

I don't think that I will ever see that again in Canada
That's partially because we have much more Tax on our gas. The scary thing is that Canada has the Second Cheapest Gas in the World.

:!:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Neely2005 said:
That's partially because we have much more Tax on our gas. The scary thing is that Canada has the Second Cheapest Gas in the World.

And we provide the majority of petrolium products to the US

·
Registered
360 Posts
rommel543 said:
Neely2005 said:

Yup. We have the second most oil reserves in the world. Only Saudi Arabia has more.

·
Registered
656 Posts
BOYCOTT GAS STATIONS CONVIENCE STORES

Neely2005 said:
rommel543 said:
Neely2005 said:

Yup. We have the second most oil reserves in the world. Only Saudi Arabia has more.
Well the price at the pumps in Montreal today is $1.17 per liter. Hopefully this week's high.
They play a funny game in this town, dropping the price slowwwly, penny by penny, over the course of the week or 10days.
Dropping maybe about 6 cents, then finally drop it another penny or two on the same day that they come back upping it a dime. Always getting it a bit higher over the months. :cry:
I don't find these adjustments have anything to do with foreign exchanges or price per barrel fluctuation in the news.
Totally random it seems. :x :x
Imagine if any other business could get away with changing their prices on such a basis.
Sure would be fun buying groceries. :p
Consumer protection - what a joke.

:twisted: In protest I refuse to buy any other products but gas from the outlets.
Not even a loto ticket.
Seems they have all become convenience stores as well as gas stations. I won't let them make an extra nickel from me.
They have really killed the small independent neighbourhood variety/convenience stores but I will make the effort to stop and buy my papers, milk, chocolates etc from the local.
WON'T BY MILK OR BEER FROM SOMEBODY WHO SELLS GAS . . . BUT I will make them take back my empties, :!:
Love to make them handle that crap. Also I would love not to use the instant payment at the pumps, but there is always such a line up inside - people buying milk, cigarettes, whatever, that I can't wait so long.
TAFN - :arrow: I stand down from my soapbox.

·
Registered
44 Posts
kwc said:
Dirtball said:

averaging $3.25 a gallon around here (eastern upstate NY).
I'm not surprised. I was in new york not too long ago and saw that the cigs there were like close to $10 a pack!!! :shock:

Thank god I don't smoke. lol

Also gas killed me up there too. Since I live in the upper part of maryland it doesnt effect us harshly.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Re: BOYCOTT GAS STATIONS CONVIENCE STORES

i2canoe said:
Nov 28th.
Well the price at the pumps in Montreal today is $1.17 per liter. Hopefully this week's high.
They play a funny game in this town, dropping the price slowwwly, penny by penny, over the course of the week or 10days.
Today I am seeing $1.14 and $1.15/L at the pumps - hay . . . if I bought a shirt at Department store yesterday for $15 and I go back in a couple of days and they have them on sale for $10 the store has no problem to refund the difference. I think if I bought gas yesterday at $1.17 and today they dropped the price to $1.14 that I should be credited the difference also.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Re: BOYCOTT GAS STATIONS CONVIENCE STORES

i2canoe said:
Today I am seeing $1.14 and $1.15/L at the pumps - hay . . . if I bought a shirt at Department store yesterday for $15 and I go back in a couple of days and they have them on sale for $10 the store has no problem to refund the difference. I think if I bought gas yesterday at $1.17 and today they dropped the price to $1.14 that I should be credited the difference also.
My issue is that the gas companies say THEY don't set the prices and that the high prices are due to the taxes. They why is it that the prices differ across the same city? Heck across the same province. If the prices are governed by taxes and the gas companies make very little profit on the sales then shouldn't prices be the same across a province.

Also you see at all the stations "Save 7c a liter when you ....". So if the price is 1.07 and they are saying that you can save 7 cents at the pump then obviously the $ per liter is less than 1 dollar beacuse they are definely not going to sell it without still making a profit. Also they know they have consumers where they want them, it's not like we have 'alternatives' that we can go to. (Yes I know I could go buy a Smart car and use electric but I can't really fit 3 kids in there with grocieries)

·
Registered
2 Posts
In Brisbane Australia, it's $1.30/L for unleaded!!

I have the Turbo Diesel Compass though, so it's 20c more a litre!!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Last week we were down to $1.06 per liter, yesterday back up, $1.12per liter . . . quite the sea saw . . . ha ha ha . . . and we are having a great ride. :roll:

1 - 20 of 75 Posts