My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm hearing a thudding rattle. I've crawled around underneath and can't find anything loose. A mechanic checked out my front end and said things are fine. The noise seems to be coming from beneath the firewall. Up against the firewall I have what looks to me like a hose connector with nothing going to it. I'm wondering if a hose or pipe has come disconnected and fallen down where I can't see it? This photo is looking at the driver's side of the firewall. Any idea what (if anything) should be attached here?

·
Super Moderator
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS My Compass is running fine. No CEL or other warnings on the dash.

·
Registered
277 Posts
If thie is what you are talking about, it's an outlet for a wiring harness like the opposite side. Guess different engine and/or equipment could require it.

Now the next 2 pics, this hose is free to move around and has protective "ring" on it. but maybe this is your noise source if it bounces around. I haven't heard any noises but it could be hitting the brake fluid reservoir. give it a wiggle and you will see what I mean.

·
Super Moderator
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I still don't know what's causing my noise. I thought I'd stumbled onto something, but I guess that's not it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had an issue like this with my Chrysler. The mechanic at the dealership couldn't find anything wrong. I ended up finding the problem a few days later. The nut on the top of the strut had worked its way loose somehow, and was rattling and thumping. Don't know if this is what you have going on but it can't hurt to check. Hope this helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts