My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Stance? Perhaps but the Compass suspension is computer tuned to factory specs. The spacers could possibly have an effect on the handling of the vehicle. Remember, the Compass is NOT a Wrangler! Also, note that when you do that you will have to install big front mud guards cause after a year of driving in your weather conditions, the sides of your ride will have numerous paint chips and goo all over it's sides. JC Whitney after market crap is for juveniles.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Stance? Perhaps but the Compass suspension is computer tuned to factory specs. The spacers could possibly have an effect on the handling of the vehicle. Remember, the Compass is NOT a Wrangler! Also, note that when you do that you will have to install big front mud guards cause after a year of driving in your weather conditions, the sides of your ride will have numerous paint chips and goo all over it's sides. JC Whitney after market crap is for juveniles.
And on that point, we can only hope that anyone who mods their vehicle in any way in order to alter it mechanically understands the ramifications this may pose and that they do not use a product in a way not intended by the manufacturer and that other parts are either installed by a reputable technician or, in the case of a DIY'er, they have the knowledge to do so as well as the understanding that this may present warranty issues. Bottom line, whether I agree or disagree with a particular mod is immaterial, it's not my vehicle, rendering it not mine to criticize. It's not like they're talking about putting 35" super swampers on it or something.

When I first got the Compass, I really didn't see much on it to mod, but I have seen some really cool things people have done with this vehicle. After all, in some cases, modding is just doing what the factory should have done to begin with or just improving on it to suit the individual's taste or enhance the vehicle's overall form or function. I personally like to see people customize their rides, it's all about making it your own, your style/taste and how you intend to use it.....Just my cheap .02. :)

- Cherokee

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.