My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think it might be the best looking vehicle I've ever owned...[looks out window]..yeah, it is.
Previous owner of a 17' Jeep renegade lat fwd. Hated the slumpy low ride height, regretted not getting 4wd, hated the color black. Won't go into detail as to why I even got it, but I learned so many variables lessons in the process. This time around, buying the 2018 compass was easier, and finding the trim and options I wanted was a luck-out, as the dealership 39 minutes south of Milwaukee had a white 2 tone lattitude spec'd close to how I wanted it. Manual, 18 inch wheels, tow package, black roof, beats audio. The thing is just...ssssssssiick. love love love it. I wanna lift in 1.5" just to make it even more badass lol. We'll see of that happens. Also considering running boards for my kid to begin getting into the Jeep himself.
The ride is sublime, smooth. The stick shift is miles better than the dreadful 9 speed I dealt with on the renegade. Stick shift makes this thing feel connected, and even a little sporty.

·
Registered
14 Posts
If you end up with running boards, would love to know where you found them and what brand. I've been looking for a couple months now, and only real options I've found are either more rock sliders with a step from Rocky Road Outfitters, or suspect direct from China products off eBay. Not sure willing/ready to bite the bullet without some else vouching for them!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If you end up with running boards, would love to know where you found them and what brand. I've been looking for a couple months now, and only real options I've found are either more rock sliders with a step from Rocky Road Outfitters, or suspect direct from China products off eBay. Not sure willing/ready to bite the bullet without some else vouching for them!
There's similar kits on Amazon. They indeed likely come from China, however, products from China aren't all like they were 10-15 years ago. There's alot of booming business, money, and improved manufacturing facilities. As a result I've seen a few products come from China that didn't turn out all that bad. Many of these places will take bulk orders from an American company, small or large, and the American company ensures the final quality test process, slaps a nice label on it, and maybe even had some special modification added to the product to make it a bit less cheap-o Chinese.
I can't really name that many examples, but they're out there. The important thing for us consumers is to make sure the distributor / retailer we go through has a good exchange / return program. Hence it's slightly safer buying Chinese crap off Amazon, instead of eBay. (kind of an anti-climactic final statement, I know).
...it's hard to find good looking running boards. I'm not a fan fo the zig zag black and silver tribal crap designs. More traditional straight ridged lines in black, silver trim, etc. I'll post up once I get foolish enough to go for it lol. Might turn out great and become one of those "forum recommended" things discovered randomly. Lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts