My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when I turn on the heat, i get slightly warm air blowing out all of the vents. They all seem to be the same temp. The air conditioner will get cold, but the heater just gets warm. I've had the coolant system flushed and 2 thermostats replaced. About the blend door, any tricks to getting at it with out full dash removal, or any way to significantly reduce disassembly to access it. I also saw a youtube vid on heater core replacement using sawzall under diver area and waterline/hose clamp deal. Seemed simple enough except if one of those lines fail under pressure and you get scalding hot coolant on your legs, that wouldn't be fun. But i guess you could fab a baffle to keep a leak contained from hitting the driver. is there anything else in the system that could be at fault that im not considering? thanks for any help/advice. I'm a professional motorcycle tech and a decent DIY'er with automobiles so I am attempting some of this myself when possible. Thanks again. Sorry if im in the wrong forum thread, not sure if this is electrically related or mechanical.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts