My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my friend has a 2008 compass and i can’t figure out exactly where to spray the intake cleaner. (seafoam etc) plz help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

i disconnected the maf (that is the maf right) and i was gonna stock the super long straw way down the rube and start spraying, that or i was gonna use this vacuum hose from brake booster

·
Super Moderator
2019 Jeep Compass Latitude
278 Posts
View attachment 15153

i disconnected the maf (that is the maf right)
No, that is the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) Sensor, your Jeep doesn't have a MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor it uses a MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) Sensor to perform a similar function.

·
Registered
66 Posts
No, that is the IAT (Intake Air Temperature) Sensor, your Jeep doesn't have a MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor it uses a MAP (Manifold Absolute Pressure) Sensor to perform a similar function.
George, does the MAP have hot wires like a MAF?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so where is the map? if i stick a long hose right down that tube near the throttle body would that be okay? or am i better off doing the brake booster. vacuum hose?

·
Super Moderator
278 Posts
George, does the MAP have hot wires like a MAF?
No, it is a piezoelectric device.

From MAP Sensor > How they work - Denso:
"The MAP sensor is a compact semiconductor vacuum sensor that utilizes characteristics (piezoelectric resistance effect) whereby electrical resistance changes when pressure is applied to silicon (single crystal)..."

·
Super Moderator
278 Posts
so where is the map? if i stick a long hose right down that tube near the throttle body would that be okay? or am i better off doing the brake booster. vacuum hose?
The MAP sensor is in the intake manifold at some point after the throttle body.
If you spray it down the tube it will definitely pass by the MAP sensor, if you spray it in a vacuum line it may or may not pass the MAP sensor depending on where the vacuum line enters the manifold. I don't think Seaform will harm the MAP sensor in either case.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts