My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Compassers.... I have a 2018 Jeep Compass TH. I’ve noticed recently I get a whistle sound coming from my sunroof, but only after a rain storm. It drives me crazy as I drive fast it gets louder and a high pitch sound!! When I open it up the sound is gone. Once I close it than there’s the sound again. I’ve looked inside for any dirt or debris and found nothing. I’ve only had this Jeep almost 2 months. Anyone have this problem? Please help ...for I will be calling the dealership first thing tomorrow morning. I can’t take this!!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello fellow Compassers.... I have a 2018 Jeep Compass TH. I’ve noticed recently I get a whistle sound coming from my sunroof, but only after a rain storm. It drives me crazy as I drive fast it gets louder and a high pitch sound!! When I open it up the sound is gone. Once I close it than there’s the sound again. I’ve looked inside for any dirt or debris and found nothing. I’ve only had this Jeep almost 2 months. Anyone have this problem? Please help ...for I will be calling the dealership first thing tomorrow morning. I can’t take this!!!
**UPDATE**
Found out the cause of the sound ( No thanks to the dealership). The cause is the Mopar roof racks. They have theses long holes on the bottom. The dealership had my vehicle for a week and did nothing. I covered the holes with Duck tape and the sound went away that l moment.
Wanted to ask if anyone else had these issues?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts