My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a Compass North which can display Temperature and Trip on the LCD display but not gas consumption. The Dealer said that I need another computer for this feature. In my understanding that is very weird since my computer anyway reads the gas consumption right now. I was hoping that I can have this feature by upgrading the firmware in the computer. Moreover, there is a Ecometer available for Compass able to read MPG value via OBD connector so MPG value is there anyway. Any idea?
BTW, I couldn't find Ecometer available in Canada, if you know a place/site please give me a link.

Thanks,
Andrei

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Well first, welcome to the forum, since I see you're new here! What year is your Compass? And I take it yours is not equipped with the EVIC system where you just push the trip reset button a number of times to scroll through the different readings? I'm not sure about another computer, but I do believe if you get a data logger and plug it into your OBD port, it gives you a lot of info as to what's going on with the engine, mpg, etc. I'll see if I can't find something. Lots of great people and info here, so any help you need, just ask and I hope you enjoy the site! :)

- Cherokee

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Compass is 2009 and if I push trip reset button I can see tripA, tripB and Temperature only but not gas consumption. I take a look to find a data logger but would be much better for me if I can upgrade the computer f/w to add MPG on LCD. Data logger requires unpleasent cables, a new display, space and a new temptation thiefs. After only one week I bought my car, a thief broke the front-left window just to take GPS mounting support!

Thanks,
Andrei

·
Registered
315 Posts

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Wow Adrei, stealing the support. I move mine around from one to another and never worried about it being stolen.

My Compass is the same dash as yours. Apparently they build different instrument clusters rather than just one for these and allow additional info in the dash. As for delving into the OBDII computer you can use a Scangauge II. I does what you're after and a lot more. Details are on their website.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Wow, they broke in just to take the support? That's low! Guess I just don't understand the mentality that motivates some people these days.....

- Cherokee

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hey, I had someone steal my black antenna and replace it... yes REPLACE it with an unpainted one... at least, ya, they REPLACED it... wtf

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Wow, Hope your ride is silver then if its unpainted it'll go ok I guess. Don't know where you park but that is something.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Now that is definitely interesting eric, wonder why they didn't just ASK to swap ya antennas lol.

- Cherokee

1 - 11 of 11 Posts