My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question why is there no option to play the radio without having every dash light lite? My 15 Cherokee has an option for accessories by pressing the start button once, the compass seems to be either off or start, what gives? Sometimes we sit in the car waiting for one another shopping etc and I either have to leave the jeep running or have everything on and I'm sure draing the battery.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think someone has mentioned pushing the power button for the radio and it'll turn on. I've never tried it myself though. It may need to detect the key in order to work.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
246 Posts
I think someone has mentioned pushing the power button for the radio and it'll turn on. I've never tried it myself though. It may need to detect the key in order to work.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Yes, this works.

I, too, was getting frustrated listening to the radio with the headlights on and the air conditioner blasting away while the engine was not running. I also assumed that I was killing the battery with the car shut off.

All you have to do is just press the radio on button.
Now the big thing will be remembering how to shut it off when I leave the car LOL! ( Just press it again to turn it off!)

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Press power button on the radio if all you want is the radio. You can also set your engine off setting to allow the radio to play for a set period of time as well then goes off as soon as you open the door. The radio will also turn itself off after a while.

To open the windows, turn on wipers, horn etc. Push the start button once without hitting the brake pedal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts