My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be ordering my lift kit soon and I got a set of 16x8 Cragers I'm ordering with 235/70 16 tires, approx. 8.5 wide + 29 dia..

The rims I'm looking to buy have 4.500 Backspacing + 0MM Offset

I'm only concerned because I know the stock rim I have is 18x7 , so I don't wanna spend 1500 on all this to have my wheel/tire combo not work out :nervous:

Anyone know of what if these would work? if not what I should I look for?

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Well you'd better lay aside a good pile of $$ to replace suspension parts since this will aggregate the wear out time. You be back under doing front end parts at least. Rear suspension is a lot harder to fix if you mess it up.

You might want to check the front tie rod ends (inner/outer) before going forward as well as the lower A arm ball joint (this is a very key weak part in the OEM parts). All before upgrading tires since a worn suspension will cause early tire wear the wrong way as well and you'll never get it wearing right again once the rubber is off unevenly.

·
Super Moderator
534 Posts
With the proper backspacing, 16x8 will work, others on the Jeep Patriot forums have run 16x8 wheels.

As for wearing **** out. I ran 225/75/16 Load Range E (Heavy as hell tires) on my old 08 FDII patriot, and my 2012 FDII Compass, sure there might be additional wear but nothing I had to replace. I had my 08 for 4 years and 112000kms and about 60000 were with the big heavy tires.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't know if the tires you ask about will fit, buy I personally would save that money to put towards changing the CVT WhEn it goes south.
My wife's just did, right at the 60,000 mile mark, DaMn

1 - 5 of 5 Posts