My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at these wheels & tires for my 08 jeep compass:
18" JEEP Sahara Unlimited OEM Wheels (rims) + Tires. Sold individually. 18 in. Wheels with 255/70-18 Tires:

Planning on putting summer tires on them down the road and using the damaged ones thats on my compass now for winter tires. It would be nice if i could get some use outta the tires that are on these rims before i have to buy new ones. Let me know thanks

·
Super Moderator
530 Posts
Those wheels will not fit as they have a different bolt pattern than your compass. In addition the overall diameter of the wheels 255/70/18 will be too large and will rub severely.

Compass Bolt pattern is 5x4.5 or 5x 113.4

Tire wise anything larger than 29" in diameter and you are going to run into problems with rubbing on the fenders.

In the 18" tire size I have run 225/55/18 and 225/60/18 those sizes do not rub.

IN a 17" size I currently run 235/65/17 and there is a slight rub

I also Run 225/75/16 with slight rubbing as well. The rubbing I mentioned happens at full lock.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Those wheels will not fit as they have a different bolt pattern than your compass. In addition the overall diameter of the wheels 255/70/18 will be too large and will rub severely.

Tire wise anything larger than 29" in diameter and you are going to run into problems with rubbing on the fenders.

I also Run 225/75/16 with slight rubbing as well. The rubbing I mentioned happens at full lock.
I disagree with you.
I have 22" rims and the width is 255, on my 2013 Compass and I do not scrub at all. Unless the 2013 compass is different? I don't have any issues at all.

·
Super Moderator
530 Posts
The backspacing on your rims may be different that's why the probably don't rub or you have spacers, and the original poster stated 255/70/18 wheels, 70 aspect 255's will not fit I guarantee. I'm guessing your 255 wheels are a 35 or 40 aspect tire, which makes the overall diameter not much more than 29"

·
Registered
22 Posts
The backspacing on your rims may be different that's why the probably don't rub or you have spacers, and the original poster stated 255/70/18 wheels, 70 aspect 255's will not fit I guarantee. I'm guessing your 255 wheels are a 35 or 40 aspect tire, which makes the overall diameter not much more than 29"
I dont have spacers, but I will check the tires today and see. Then il post up..

EDIT; Mine are 255/30/R22. Obviously a 70 aspect tire would not fit on these rims as they are huge! Tires must be low profile! So yeah, you were right.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you need a lift for those 22s and is that the actual tire size you mentioned Aussie??? Mine is a 2011 & was looking for an off road rugged tire look, but yours looks pretty slick as it is

·
Registered
22 Posts
Did you need a lift for those 22s and is that the actual tire size you mentioned Aussie??? Mine is a 2011 & was looking for an off road rugged tire look, but yours looks pretty slick as it is
Hey, no lift kit or spacers required. I brought these rims and got them machined for my hubs. Low profile tires, the tire size is 255/30/R22 .They fit perfectly snug no scrubbing what so ever. The turning circle is not effected in anyway. I am also going to lower it a couple of inches pretty soon.

I personally dont like the off road look, with the small rims and huge tires. I would rather huge rims and small tires! But hey, thats my opinion lol :hiding: If you like the off road look, go for it!

·
Registered
2 Posts

Do you have a lift? for the 235 65r17s?

·
Super Moderator
530 Posts
I do not have a lift, just a stock FDII Compass, which is about 1" higher than the non FDII compass.

Most times a lift doesn't solve the problem of larger tires rubbing, its usually the pinch weld in the wheel well that causes the rubbing

1 - 10 of 10 Posts