My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I tried to search for this problem but nothing cam up.

Went to roll down the passenager side window today and it popped. I took the door panel off and saw that a cable was off. I got the cable on, but theres to much slack. Is there a book with pics to explain how these cables are suposse to be.

·
Registered
656 Posts
DIY - is ok but . . .

Hi, I tried to search for this problem but nothing cam up.

Welcome to the forum.
Went to roll down the passenager side window today and it popped. I took the door panel off and saw that a cable was off. I got the cable on, but theres to much slack. Is there a book with pics to explain how these cables are suposse to be.
Doing it yourself is great . . . BUT . . . when you don't know, don't go . . . for this one . . . I think you're best to see a dealership. (or a body shop) who is used to taking the doors apart.
Good Luck, and enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Most likely the cable rack is made out of plastic/nylon or such. Something may have broken allowing the cable to come off. If that is the case as in another brand a friend had. You will need to replace the entire plastic assemble with the cables.

Yes, you'll have to take it to a dealer or body shop. I would think a body shop would be cheaper and tell you directly the problem.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So does anyone know where I may find a window regulator for the pass side? Auto parts store say its a dealer only item.....300 bucks there!! ouch

·
Registered
222 Posts
i need to edit the pictures i have and make a video....i bought a door used and did the window motor! the plastic clip on mine broke and the cable frayed.....let me see if i can put this together for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts