My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
I think you'd get a ticket if you lived in Quebec.
(but a nice touch)

·
Registered
348 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We had a 1996 Grand Cherokee with the same 20% tint for 5 years and never had a problem, lets just say I know I would probably just get a warning at worst.:cool:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thats awesome, we have a local Deputy Sheriff that seems to have a hobby of writing tickets for windows that are legal under our state laws. The judges don't care for what he does and throws most out of court but it is still a hassle.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Our local PD will pull anyone with a heavy tint on the drivers side. They claim it is an "indicator" of gang membership (dark windows MUST mean you have something to hide. It has nothing to do with keeping light out). I got pulled over more than once in my old Jeep due to the tint even though I fit NONE of the other "profiles." The last time I was even in a suit and tie...The cop searched my car, and found the spent rifle shell casings that I hadn't taken out after my last trip to the range, along with 2 .22 live rounds that had fallen out of the box. Long story short - 2 hours and 2 additional "back-up" officers later (plus a not so comfy seat in the back of a ford Crown Vic) I was free to go without even a written warning...I stripped the tint of the drivers window the next morning. It just was not worth it...

I guess what I am saying is unless your old man or best friend is the Chief of Police, you may have to deal with things like this.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
I agree................they need to see who's inside.................

1 - 8 of 8 Posts