My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Compass Trailhawk
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got it back from the tint shop. Did the front doors and the wind shield. Protection for the interior and the occupants.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wow! Looks really good. I have been wanting to do this, but I don't think my state allows any tint on the front or windshield...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! Looks really good. I have been wanting to do this, but I don't think my state allows any tint on the front or windshield...
You will have to check your states laws. I am in Indiana. They allow as long as it is within the limits of solar reflectance and light transmission. If you have a medical condition that might require it, there is a form that the MD can fill out for even darker. It makes the car look better, protects the interior, protects the occupants from the sun, keeps the car cooler and the helps keep the windows from coming. The owner of the shop claims you can fire a 22 and it will sharer but not come in on you. I have had no issues and driven in KY TN,AL, GA, FL, PA NY DE, DC, VA, WV MI. I asked the tint shop and he said the shops have to know the law of their state.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just got it back from the tint shop. Did the front doors and the wind shield. Protection for the interior and the occupants.
What percentages did you get? Looks good. I've been trying to figure out how dark I want to go.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What percentages did you get? Looks good. I've been trying to figure out how dark I want to go.
Let me check. I have been getting my cars done there since the 90’s and they have a lifetime warranty. Never had any issues but I follow their guidelines

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Let me check. I have been getting my cars done there since the 90’s and they have a lifetime warranty. Never had any issues but I follow their guidelines
Just got ahold of them it is 30% on the side and front.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts