My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife suggested I buy vent visors and I agree completely. We have some real nice quality visors from Weathertech for our Honda Pilot, but they're a little pricey at $95ish + shipping + tax here in Illinois.

I saw some other in-channel vent visors on Ebay - does anyone have any feedback on them? Does anyone have any experience at all with Compass vent visors?

·
Registered
381 Posts
I looked at getting the in-chanel vent visors but my distributor said that the window might not close properly with them. I went with the standard AVS stick on ones and haven't had a problem with them. Just a tip, clean the body where they go on well and there is an activator you can get from 3M that makes it stick better as well.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Weird, I have in-channel for the pilot and they look and function perfectly. Hmmm, not sure if I want to go with tape, but may have to consider it!

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
I have the tape one on mine.............and no issues at all so far.

·
Registered
381 Posts
You can always try the in-channel ones and switch to tape if anything happens. At least it's easy to switch that way.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, after some thought on the matter, I decided to go with the AVS In-Channel Window Ventvisors. Here are a few pictures of them installed:

AVS In-Channel Ventvisor - Front
AVS In-Channel Ventvisor - Rear

I love how sleek the in-channel variety is, but I really dislike the way AVS designed the Compass in-channels. Every tab is in-channel except for the tab that attaches to the post on the rear window.

Here are the Weathertech in-channel vent visors that I installed on my wife's pilot:

Weathertech In-Channel Ventvisor - Front
Weathertech In-Channel Ventvisor - Rear

It looks so much better with the tab installed in-channel than on the post, but I am getting used to it and it's not as noticeable as when I first installed the product.

I guess the decision comes down to the $60+ difference between the two brands (Weathertech is taxed and shipped even though I'm in Illinois).

Just thought I'd share!

·
Registered
31 Posts
In channel is the way too go. Looks much better than the other method. I bought mine through autoanything.com.

If you can get it for less. Why not!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts