My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if something is wrong with the windshield of my 2018 Compass. At night, when I drive it under a streetlight, it looks like there are scratches on the windshield. You can't see the "scratches" when there is no light shining through the windshield. When the windshield is fogged up, it looks like there is a spider web or a stained glass window pattern on the windshield. I tried taking a photo of it with my phone but it didn't work. sad: Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is this a problem? Thanks!

·
977 Posts
Sometimes frost leaves a spider-web pattern on the windshield even after the defroster melts it away. There is still a faint trace. You'll probably notice it more when its frosted and its almost invisible when the frost is gone, but it will return next time it gets cold. If you thoroughly wash your windshield it will go away, but it will be replaced by a different pattern next time you get frost.

·
Registered
398 Posts
I am wondering if something is wrong with the windshield of my 2018 Compass. At night, when I drive it under a streetlight, it looks like there are scratches on the windshield. You can't see the "scratches" when there is no light shining through the windshield. When the windshield is fogged up, it looks like there is a spider web or a stained glass window pattern on the windshield. I tried taking a photo of it with my phone but it didn't work. sad: Has anyone else experienced this? If so, is this a problem? Thanks!
I have seen this happening to people who use hot water to remove ice from their windshield in the morning.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have seen this happening to people who use hot water to remove ice from their windshield in the morning.
I have never allowed hot water to hit my Jeep's windshield. The only liquids that have touched the windshield are wiper fluid and car wash soap and then a water rinse.

I've never had a Jeep windshield do this before and I have had 4 other Jeeps besides my current one. I'm just hoping that the windshield doesn't need to be replaced and it's not a defect of some kind. When we had the Patriot, we had a rock chip the windshield and it had to eventually be replaced. The replacement (not OEM) cracked a month later and since the crack wasn't too bad, I just traded it in with the crack in the windshield.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts