My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has to be the coldest winter I can remember being in. The windchill was in the -40's. I'm sure a few of you experienced it as well this past week. The only thing that failed me was the remote start. Coldest weather and it decides not to work. "Remote Start disabled. Restart vehicle to reset". Other than that everything ran great. The Compass loves the snow.

Attachments

·
Registered
927 Posts
heh, we had -40 STRAIGHT TEMP here in northern MN. I did not even try my remote start until it warmed up to -25, and at that point it did not work (cranked slowly but did not fire), so I went out there and tried it and the second time it cranked just enough to pop off and go. Obviously let it warm up a while and drove around the neighborhood slowly at first (I was only driving it for the sake of warming it up once and recharging the battery during the cold snap).

It was brutal, I hope thats the last of the extreme cold for this winter. My house heat doesn't keep up so good at those temps.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Last week Wednesday morning -28 according to Compass thermometer. Auto start worked just fine. Belt squealed like a pig for 30 seconds like it always does when it hits 0 or below. Wish I would have had a block heater installed. Had one on all my other vehicles and it sure make a difference when it gets below zero.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts