1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody found the correct size winter wiper blades available for
sale yet? Just thought I'd ask before I checked the manual (or physically
measured them) and paid a visit to my local NAPA store. I've also
changed out my blades for summer and winter on each of my vehicles.
Did check Wal-Mart the other day and, of course, the Compass is too
new to be in the wiper book. Go figure......

·
Registered
137 Posts
For what it's worth, I usually change wipers for winter too, but have not done so on my Jeep yet.

After driving around in VERY cold temps, snow and all that, I don't plan to change them either. So far, the wipers have been excellent!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Here’s a scoop for you.
After going to the C.Tire, buying and installing a pair or their top of the line "winter blades" I happened to stop in at a VW dealership with my son who was picking up a set of winter mats and wiper blades for his Jetta.
The service manager told him that the blades today are “all season” and they don’t sell winter blades anymore. One-piece affair, no more rubber squiggy blade held in metal. So far as he knew all new cars come with these blades today.
Go know . . . the new “winter blades” I installed do not look like the old rubber covered things I used to use, but are one piece things like the ones my car came with. Oh well, live and learn.

·
Registered
362 Posts
i2canoe, you sure dug up an old thread 8)

I just replaced my wiper blades recently. I went with the new curved style that have no springs, etc. So far they're working well but we haven't got too much into winter yet (that means I haven't gone snowmobiling yet but hopefully soon).

·
Registered
656 Posts
Webmaster said:
i2canoe, you sure dug up an old thread 8)
You would notice. Eh? Everything is relative, and what goes around comes around, so to speak, just like winter and winter related topics.
Anyway, tore my achilles tendon a month ago and been sittng on my keister watching it mend . . :( . way tooooo much time on my hands . . . thank goodness for this site. Plenty of time to browse old articles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts