My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where would you guys suggest passing a wire from engine compartment to inside the vehicle(doesn't matter where it comes out)?
I know many cars have a dedicated spot for this but cant seem to find it any where on my Compass.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
31 Posts
There is a pass through that you are describing. Go to the mopar accessory website and navigate to the trailer wire harness page for our compass. If you open up the install pdf, it will show you how to get to it. Planning on installing this soon, so ive pulled it up recently.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kuba, thank you for the reply. After I had made this thread and came across the PDF you mentioned.

Greatly appreciate the help!

·
Registered
8 Posts
First: Pop The Hood
Then: Look to the drivers side back wall, just below the cowel and behind the fuse box.
See that black plastic shield held against the upper firewall with the 5 pin clips? There's a recess behind that where there's a huge grommet that most of the wiring under the hood is bundled and sent through. If you contort your body under the drivers side dash and feel for that wire bundle you'd follow it right to that grommet but poking through at that location would result in a a dead end. You must remove that "shield" under the cowel before sending wires through. Oh and save yourself a sprained wrist and poke the grommet from the engine side with wire taped to your poker and pull it through the interior. I used 5 metal BBQ Skewers one next to the other in order to pierce a big enough hole in the rubber to fit 3 wires into. This was a big enough protrusion for my wires but not so big there was wiggle room around them. After pulling my 5 skewers I taped a wire to one and poked it through.... 3 times. after pulling the skewer out the rubber would close up on the wire making for a nice tight, zero air or water infiltration fit. No need to silicone a thing (as if you could anyway at those depths and angles).

So now for the folks like me who needs to see what the heck I'm talking about..... Here ya go.....

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts