My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first reserved my 22 Compass, the salesman told me it would have the wireless phone charging feature. I finally get my car last week and alas, it does not include this. :(

The salesman who first helped me is no longer working for the dealership. My new salesman said he was going to find out if this is something that can be installed or not but, has not gotten back with me yet. Does anyone know the answer to this?

I know I can get one that plugs in to USB or whatever but I really wanted it hardwired. I have not seen any aftermarket hardwired options available either. Anyone know of any?

Thanks!

·
Registered
Compass Trailhawk 4Xe
80 Posts
I've got the wireless charger. But don't have a wireless chargeable phone.

You should be able to get a hardwired 12V to 5V USB "buck" convertor and wire that into the car's switched 12V via a fuse. Then plug a USB charging pad into that.

Example:

Be sure to spec one thst can supply whichever charging pad you choose. (>2A?)

Also check it won't void your warranty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I couldn't find one in my area when I went looking at the new Compass. Salesman at one lot told me he just bought a cheap wireless charge pad and that's what he uses in his '20 Ram. Personally I'm leery of cheap chargers but Anker on Amazon is a good brand and they make a plug-in one. My only experience with aftermarket items wired in was for a driver cam. I had it installed at a reputable car electronics shop, used only name brand parts from a company that might sound like ARMIN. Worked well enough but found out almost two years later that it was causing a slow drain on the system as it sometimes did not detect when the vehicle was off. So it killed my battery on my Cherokee which wound up being a $340 lesson. I've read the same being true for some others replacing their lighting with LEDs on the interior. So personally I'm kind of opposed to doing anything like that again. I would think it would be a standard option if you have Limited or higher package, but I guess not. Especially with wireless Android Auto in the UConnect 5.

·
Registered
2019 Jeep Compass Altitude 4x4
80 Posts
Welcome @Daisy and sorry to hear this. What trim level is your 2022 Compass? I ask as the Sport trim is the only one that the wireless charging pad is NOT available on. It is available on all the other trim levels but you must buy the Driver Assistance Group package to get this feature. It seems as though your salesman flat out lied to you or more likely did not know the product that he was selling which is why he is no longer employed there? If you have any trim level other than the Sport I would advise to check your window sticker to see if the Driver Assistance Group package is listed. If not, then sadly you will not be able to have this factory featured option and will have to look into an aftermarket solution.

Font Window Screenshot Rectangle Parallel

·
Registered
9 Posts
After a lot of dead-ends I came up with a wireless charger for the jeep. Am I totally happy? No. Would I prefer to have a factory charger? Yes, even if I had to install it myself. But a) can't find one b) what may or may not be the correct one lists for $260. I wouldn't mind paying that if I was sure that was what I needed and that I don't have to get $200 in other things like trim or connectors. But after some mods to the stand this one works well for me. There is a small motor that opens and closes the clip arms. Downside is it significantly reduces the already limited storage. I can live with that though.

Car Gear shift Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering part

1 - 6 of 6 Posts