My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am needing wiring info to connect up 2 spot lights to my 2012 compass sport. I have asked a couple of auto electricians but due to the compass having actuators on the headlights they are asking for wiring information before they will work on it.

Can any one help please.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hello my friend. Are you planning to activate the new lights using the stalk operated switch or are you planning to use a separate switch?

In any case make sure that you do not tap directly into the original lights for power as you might cause an overload condition that could affect your TIPM. What is a TIPM? This is the electronic relays/fuse box system that is used on many Chrysler cars including the Jeep. You must use a separate relay operated power circuit to power those lights. You can use the original wiring to activate the relay only but not to introduce additional load to the original circuit. This way, your new lights will be powered thru the relay that gioes to the battery.. Make sure that it ihas a protective fuse also. ... Jeepney_driver

1 - 2 of 2 Posts