My Jeep Compass Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have a Jeep vehicle or are you about to buy one? Here is my story and you may be the next victim.
I have a Chrysler Jeep Patriot 2017 4x4 authomatic High Latitude (a similar vehicle to Jeep Compass) that has less than 40k kilometers on it and for several months now I have been living hell. Chrysler installs in theirs vehicles anti-theft tracking systems connected to the chassis. This system can be and is used by hackers at their will to know the real time position of the vehicle, to modify the electronics of the vehicle causing false alarms of faults on the dashboard such as ABS problems, 4x4, flat tires and oil pressure problems which leads the driver to stop the vehicle, as well as brake failure or interfere with the speed of the vehicle while the driver is driving it on a highway.
Some time ago I was driving on a 120 km/h highway and suddenly the vehicle could not go faster than 70 km/h so I had to put the emergency lights on. After a long time and by force of pushing the accelerator to full throttle at more than 4 rpm the vehicle could barely reach 100 km/h. On another occasion I also had momentary brake failures that I could avoid without running over anyone or having an accident.
Currently I no longer in control of the vehicle but it is controlled by the hackers at their will.
To modify the electronics of the vehicle the hackers take position themselves inside their vehicles within 50 meters of my vehicle and there is no way to report them because they claim they are resting, eating or looking at their cell phone.
I am unsuccessfully complaining to Jeep to remove this tracking system attached to the chassis of the vehicle. From Jeep I get nothing but useless answers saying that they have no knowledge of electronics and do not want to change the vehicle for another vehicle with similar size and performance that does not have this tracking system, or is it that all their Jeep vehicles have this tracking system? With these answers Jeep only protects the hackers and does not care that the electronics of the vehicle is modified nor does it guarantee the integrity of the vehicle and its driver and the people traveling in the vehicle.
I am in France (I contacted Mr. Verpilio), can anyone give me any solution to override this tracking system? I am living hell. Jeep vehicles are a deadly weapon and the driver's privacy does not exist.

·
Super Moderator
1,851 Posts
You might take a look at this link: The Groundbreaking 2015 Jeep Hack Changed Automotive Cybersecurity Apparently there was a vulnerability that was turned up by "white hat" hackers and Chrysler/FCA/Stellantis (whoever they are now) has had an update to protect the vehicles involved. I suggest seeing a Jeep dealer about whatever the update was. Just an idea, but what if you disabled the U-connect system until it's taken care of? I wonder if that would shut down the the system the hackers are using?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts