My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So came up with a crazy idea with plasti dip...if it doesnt turn out right i can just pill off. But waiting for it to dry to add more coats..ill post more pics when done. Let me know what u think

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well it sounds great...but what do you think it will stay on hood long time.. because I done on my cars and after few months the color gets faded... and spots in the hood? do you face any problem like that? can you please tell me how you done that..

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey sorry for the late reply, i actually took it off that night, it didn't turn out the way i wanted. Iv heard that it does fade out the clear coat on the car if im not mistaken. i think its the chemical in the plasti-dip..im not sure..as stupid as it sounds =)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Its called plasti dip. Get at home depot for $6. Just spray on. Spray a lot of coats. Not to heavy on each coat. More costs will make it easier to pill off around the inserts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes...whatever isnt gettinf plasti dip cover. The corners of the inserts with make the curt. But pilling it all off can be a hassel in the tight spaces

1 - 8 of 8 Posts