My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for yellow fog lights to replace the clear (or white) ones that came "stock" on my Compass. Nobody seems to have anything for my vehicle. Can anyone help?

·
Registered
190 Posts
They made a bulb special....seems totally dumb...but the options are white only. I, too, looked for a long time. I ended up putting JW Speaker LED fog lights in that fit a Cherokee and Wrangler. A little trimming and they went right in. MUCH better than stock.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They made a bulb special....seems totally dumb...but the options are white only. I, too, looked for a long time. I ended up putting JW Speaker LED fog lights in that fit a Cherokee and Wrangler. A little trimming and they went right in. MUCH better than stock.
Thank you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Fog lights in the new style Compass use an H11 bulb. Presumably you might be able to find a HID or LED conversion that would give you yellow light.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like I can buy them at Pep Boys. I found a Russian video on You Tube and it looks like I need to go through the wheel well to get to them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I looked on their site but they said they didn't have one for the Compass. Might have to look at the Universal ones. Thanks.
No prob, thats specifically why I linked the universal ones. Also, if it really is just an H11 bulb, thats not special at all. My Audi uses them. Most of the Audi guys (including myself) like the Hoen brand bulbs: Hoen

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I ordered some yellow fog light bulbs (they should be in today). If the weather holds and it is descent this weekend (more like tomorrow) I am planning on replacing the white bulbs (or clear) with the yellow ones. I guess that I am old school, when I was younger (back in the 80s) the aftermarket fog lights were rectangular and yellow (the lens, not the bulb) which is why I want them yellow.

Also going to put the front plate frame on and installing my South West Asia (SWA) Service Medal plate. Still trying to determine if I can add an USB post in the center counsel.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The higher trim levels have these stock, I believe. You might get lucky and find the wiring is already in place? Here's hoping for you, man.grin:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, replaced the white (clear) fog light bulbs with the yellow ones. I like them a lot. Also installed The front plate frame and my new SWA Service Medal plate. One very happy Jeep Compass owner.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sweet upgrade!! I'm old-school too (have amber foglights on my '71 Ford truck) and I'm just down the road from you. Good to see Michigan represented!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts