My Jeep Compass Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Being from Saskatchewan canada flooding isn't exactly a huge risk. But on July 1 Yorkton, Sask recieved 125mm (5 inches) of rain in a matter of half an hour and winds so strong they blew roofs off of businesses. I know of one apartment whos basement filled with water to within 3 inches of the ceiling. I got a few pictures to share with everyone here. I also have a link to the newspaper with additional pictures if anyone is interested.

http://www.leaderpost.com/Photos+Saskatchewan+storm+pictures/3228015/story.html

Attachments

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I've been there a number of times. Tough to image them getting that much rain. 5 inches of mosquitos is different. ha ha but rain. They had very little snow last year.

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
OMG Smokey......picture #2 will give some idea to someone (I2) we know !!!!!

A flood in the Prairies...............the weather is really getting crazy these days !!!!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
The weather definitely is getting crazy, but man that's a lot of water, and talk about such a mess to have to clean up, too. :(

- Cherokee

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, it's hard to believe. Second town to flood on the praries. I had posted the canoe especially for I2. I came across one more picture that shows how much water they have.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Oh my god there is so much water.I wonder what will happen to the people there.they would be in so much panicked situation.The weather there is going crazy.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I just hit me. Them prarrie gofers must be belie up after that.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, the gophers learned how to build a boat and came back when the water receded.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
No, the gophers learned how to build a boat and came back when the water receded.
If you got a photo of that then there's an award to had.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
wow where did you find that. Them farmers will be heading to the Rockies and abandoning their combines.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
LMAO!!! Y'all are a riot, thanks for that, I needed a good laugh today! :)

- Cherokee

1 - 12 of 12 Posts