My Jeep Compass Forum banner
141 - 153 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you install the 5y23xsaab or did you use the 6tn87xsaab?

I have that same 2018 JC Trailhawk with everything but the auto liftgate and ACC. Granted the auto liftgate was even an option.

I assume that I should be able to turn on the ACC with AlfaOBD as it is a "is ACC system present yes/no"

I also assume your ACC works fine now?

Thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
I found a wheel with 6TN87XSAAA. This is the older version of the AAB. I tried alfaOBD. I couldn't get a proxy alignment to work. Dash lights lit up like a xmas tree. Part of the $500 trial and error. So, dealer it went and all works as designed now. Stops behind a car at the light and follows a set distance on the freeway. Great for those freeway fidgeters! 🤣 electric liftgate was an option, works great.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hope I don't need a wire harness, where did you get the full wheel?

This is the one option my wife wanted and for the price and seeing everything that was already installed I figured it was as simple as adding the buttons. I will mess with AlfaOBD first before the dealer, I remember reading that sometimes it takes 3-4 attempts to get the proxy to complete correctly.

If the liftgate was an option that will be the next project. When I put in some extra cargo LEDs I saw what I assume is the wire harness to plug it into.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Or did I read that wrong...
Did you find a steering wheel that had the AAB and only swapped out the buttons and not the entire wheel?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wheel from eBay. It had AAA. the pic of it is on page 7 of this thread. I just changed out the switch. Plug and play.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Vkaus, the dealer turned it on for me and didn't say anything about voiding my warantee.
Thanks, Eric. I enquired my dealer here in Australia and he was like it can be done by the factory. I think he doesn't know about it or doesn't want to do it, whatever. And the sad part is we don't manufacture anything here down under and the factory is overseas. :cautious::cautious:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Grand Cherokee 2020 Laredo that have the radar sensor, active break and lane control. I read all this thread and understood that I might be able to turn on the ACC by just getting the ACC buttons and enabling it on software, is it correct? Congratulations for all the research and attempts you all have done, this is awesome.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have a Grand Cherokee 2020 Laredo that have the radar sensor, active break and lane control. I read all this thread and understood that I might be able to turn on the ACC by just getting the ACC buttons and enabling it on software, is it correct? Congratulations for all the research and attempts you all have done, this is awesome.

Hi. Thank you. Was a bit of an adventure to complete. I tried using some software with an OBDII interface unit and almost killed my car! Lol! I bought the switch for the wheel, installed it and had the dealer turn on and test the ACC function in the end. Works perfect! Love the crap out of it when you have undecisive drivers in front of you on a one lane road!! Takes tons of frustration out of driving. IDK if you need blind side awareness or other safety equipment intalled on your vehicle. I ordered my jeep with every option; I thought it came with ACC but no. Ugh! Select 2019 1/2 MY Jeep Compass' came with the option and all of 2020 have the option. Do a little more research on other needed safety equipment needed for ACC to be active on your vehicle before purchasing anything. Good luck! 😁

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Everyone,

I've been following this thread very intently for the last year and I'm delighted to see that it's eventually started paying off for people!

I'm in the same situation but with a Renegade. Do you have any idea of the part number I'd need and whether it's likely to be as successful as it's been with the Compass?

I have the radar, camera and regular cruise control as standard.

Cheers,

Ren

141 - 153 of 153 Posts