My Jeep Compass Forum banner

141 - 146 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Did you install the 5y23xsaab or did you use the 6tn87xsaab?

I have that same 2018 JC Trailhawk with everything but the auto liftgate and ACC. Granted the auto liftgate was even an option.

I assume that I should be able to turn on the ACC with AlfaOBD as it is a "is ACC system present yes/no"

I also assume your ACC works fine now?

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
I found a wheel with 6TN87XSAAA. This is the older version of the AAB. I tried alfaOBD. I couldn't get a proxy alignment to work. Dash lights lit up like a xmas tree. Part of the $500 trial and error. So, dealer it went and all works as designed now. Stops behind a car at the light and follows a set distance on the freeway. Great for those freeway fidgeters! 🤣 electric liftgate was an option, works great.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I hope I don't need a wire harness, where did you get the full wheel?

This is the one option my wife wanted and for the price and seeing everything that was already installed I figured it was as simple as adding the buttons. I will mess with AlfaOBD first before the dealer, I remember reading that sometimes it takes 3-4 attempts to get the proxy to complete correctly.

If the liftgate was an option that will be the next project. When I put in some extra cargo LEDs I saw what I assume is the wire harness to plug it into.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Or did I read that wrong...
Did you find a steering wheel that had the AAB and only swapped out the buttons and not the entire wheel?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wheel from eBay. It had AAA. the pic of it is on page 7 of this thread. I just changed out the switch. Plug and play.

141 - 146 of 146 Posts