My Jeep Compass Forum banner
161 - 180 of 186 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Read through all the post again....and realised that 2018 doesnt have a SGW thats why i couldnt find it. wasted almost 2hrs over it and my back hurts....

if the alfaobd doesnt work...does anything else work? Because i dont think my dealer here is going to be helpful.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well, I haven't been on here in quite some time, but surprised to see that this has been figured out.

Having read through everything, I just wanted to be sure as to what needed to be done.

For those that already have the radar on the bumper and the sensor on the upper windshield for the collision warning:

1 - All the hardware that is needed is the switch:

6TN87XSAAB

2 - The wiring is already present in the steering wheel to accept the new switch. No adding of wires and pins required.

3 - Turn on the ACC using Alfabod (no success here yet)

or

Have the dealer activate the ACC

This is all? Nothing more needed to be done?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Well, I haven't been on here in quite some time, but surprised to see that this has been figured out.

Having read through everything, I just wanted to be sure as to what needed to be done.

For those that already have the radar for the collision warning:

1 - All the hardware that is needed is the switch:

6TN87XSAAB

2 - The wiring is already present in the steering wheel to accept the new switch. No adding of wires and pins required.

3 - Turn on the ACC using Alfabod (no success here yet)

or

Have the dealer activate the ACC

This is all? Nothing more needed to be done?
I too am trying....to see how it could work.

Apart for radar you should have the forward looking camera too (see pic). Its located behind the rear view mirror.

For switches i think there are a few types. Mainly 2 one has the speed limiter button i think the part no. U mentioned doesnt has.

About enabling the ACC function seems like alfaobd doesn't work.....and also seems like if yours is a pre 2019 model you may not have the sgw as mentioned by 2 others guys here. Mine too is a 2018 and i couldn't find it so probably i too dont have the sgw.

Not sure the 2019 models and newer ones who have the sgw module by using the bypassing gagets are they able to programme and enable acc to work.

However i have discovered this expensive platform which is probably used by the fca dealers "WI tech" which i think connects to fca servers to do programming.

If your local delaership can help you to enable it...thats great else the subscription to WI TECH is 1.6k for a year and maybe only for 1 car. But if u have it you could probably changing someother settings too.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
I edited my post. But it seems that those of us that have collision warning have everything needed for this. I was hoping that those that have activated the ACC would chime in.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I found a business here locally that will turn on the ACC for me as well as anything else I might want turned on.

I will order the switch tomorrow. Hopefully not a long wait.

Maybe see if I can get the apps page to be able to get the Performance App and other things. Automatic perpendicular and parallel parking. I don't know what else we are missing out on here.

If I installed the hardware for these things, maybe:
Rear LED signature tail lights? Rear fog lights? Electric folding mirrors?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I found a business here locally that will turn on the ACC for me as well as anything else I might want turned on.

I will order the switch tomorrow. Hopefully not a long wait.

Maybe see if I can get the apps page to be able to get the Performance App and other things. Automatic perpendicular and parallel parking. I don't know what else we are missing out on here.

If I installed the hardware for these things, maybe:
Rear LED signature tail lights? Rear fog lights? Electric folding mirrors?
Cool lucky you. Pls share if u r able to see what app/software they are using

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
My order was cancelled. Switch is not available. Dealer also says part is unavailable. This is strange ...

Will try a couple of other online places, but this is not good.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Another dead end. Seller informed me that the part has been discontinued and I have been refunded ...

I could use some help in tracking down who - if anyone - has this part in stock?

·
Registered
53 Posts
A Big Thanks to everyone.....taking all the advise i have got it working....love this feature feels like almost atonomus driving.

from my experience.....i prefered using the simpler multiecuscan. i was very stuck using the alfaobd its a great software but maybe i am not that good with it. But will play ard with the alfa obd to make other changes ones i understand how it works.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi ALL,

This is my first post so hey to everyone ;)

Is this thread dead ?

If not i have a question ;)

I have Jeep Compass Limited 2018, 1.4 multiair 170km with radar, front collision camera, park assistance etc
Steering wheel:

Vehicle Car Speedometer Motor vehicle White

i ordered from ebay 5YL24XSAAC because i have working standard cruise control and speed limiter.
Input device Laptop accessory Gadget Computer keyboard Cable

Is it right ? now i'm thinking what about in/de/crease distance hm... there is just one button or i need to disable standard cruise control to enable ACC? strange

I see that this part is the same as in Renegade from official site Safety | New Jeep® Renegade | Jeep® UK

Automotive design Plant Motor vehicle Personal luxury car Steering part

Is it a chance to get ACC working?
As i read i don't need SGW bypass so:
  • gray cable/adapater
  • OBDLink MX+
  • alafaobd license
  • WIN laptop

anything else ?

Thank you

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi i am around. I just activated mine last week, All works.

read through all the pages. followed the instructions and it works,

I will reply below to your questions.

Hi ALL,

This is my first post so hey to everyone ;)

Is this thread dead ?

If not i have a question ;)

I have Jeep Compass Limited 2018, 1.4 multiair 170km with radar, front collision camera, park assistance etc
Steering wheel:

View attachment 16500

i ordered from ebay 5YL24XSAAC because i have working standard cruise control and speed limiter.
View attachment 16501

Is it right ? now i'm thinking what about in/de/crease distance hm... there is just one button or i need to disable standard cruise control to enable ACC? strange

I see that this part is the same as in Renegade from official site Safety | New Jeep® Renegade | Jeep® UK

Yes. To adjust the distance maintained from the front vehicle just got to press the middle button. It does both increase and decrease.

View attachment 16502

Is it a chance to get ACC working?
As i read i don't need SGW bypass so:
  • gray cable/adapater
  • blue cable
  • OBDLink MX+
  • alafaobd license
  • WIN laptop

anything else ?
you must be sure you dont have SGW. mine is a 05/2018 limited too and it didnt had. Else you need to get the SGW bypass.

if you are only going to enable ACC and dont intend to do anything else i would recomend to use multiecuscan i personally feel simpler interface. But AlfaOBD is way more complex i am still exploring and probably able to do much more.

Important steps
DISABLE Cruise control
Enable ACC
Proxy Alignment
Follow the instruction and change to the grey/blue adaptor when promoted
Off and On ignition (not starting engine) both cruise control and ACC should work.

Thank you

·
Registered
10 Posts
A Big Thanks to everyone.....taking all the advise i have got it working....love this feature feels like almost atonomus driving.

from my experience.....i prefered using the simpler multiecuscan. i was very stuck using the alfaobd its a great software but maybe i am not that good with it. But will play ard with the alfa obd to make other changes ones i understand how it works.
Than you @rajoana82

Can you post what parts you used to turn ACC on?
Have you turned off standard cruise control?
"multiecuscan" - is it not just a scanner ?

161 - 180 of 186 Posts