My Jeep Compass Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
And THAT ^^^ is a big part of the reason why. I have not had that particular glitch, but I have had similar glitches occur when racing the computer for something such as re-starting the car after hopping in it and killing it by trying to put it in gear before hitting the start button (remote start had engine already running, too much on my brain at the time).

I hope hope hope the ESS kill on the AlfaOBD app works. If so I am going to be saved a lot of future embarrassment. It is pure lameness when the ESS kicks in. Passengers ask me worriedly "what happened? why did the car die??" and I have to tell them its on purpose...

Its just not a smooth, well implemented system and I get no benefit from it whatsoever, and throw on top of that the risk of running into something like what happened to PR325xi... hell no. One way or another, that component of this car has got to go (for me).
I just removed the hood pin and now i dont have to worry. Let us know if the app works for that though.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I go in tomorrow morning for this issue. They tell me it's the hood sensor and had to order it. So I guess we will see tomorrow if it gets fixed or not.

·
Registered
141 Posts
ok, auxillary battery number 4 installed today , the previous 3 all failed, what are they buying? ESS works for a few days then back to always battery charging.
Then the dealership isn't looking at the right part. I had a fully charged battery, and the sensor was stuck at 55% state of charge. I would have them compare the ACTUAL state of charge of the battery and compare it against what the sensor is telling the computer. Another thing that would be putting you in this condition legitimately is, if you're one that drives only a few miles per day and shuts the car off. The battery will not get a chance to properly charge, and will stick you in the continuous battery charging cycle. If this is the case, then there is little that can be done about it beyond getting it out on the highway for a looooong drive.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m having the same issues, stating service start stop system. Both batteries were tested and good, anyone know what else I could check to determine why the system went out? Are there any fuses that could have blown etc... also I was trying to check fuses yesterday but I couldn’t seem to fit my hand between the fuse box to pull them out correctly since it’s such a tight fit. Is there a trick to gaining easier access to the fuses since they are on the side of the box and not on top like any other car I’ve had??

81 - 84 of 84 Posts