My Jeep Compass Forum banner

61 - 80 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ok, so it is normal to get a tire pressure warning due to this normal fluctuation in temperature. This means temperature can create a differential in air pressure of more than 25%.
The other question I have is that given the fact that I increased the size of my tires from 225/60/17 to 225/65/17, will I have to put less air pressure on my tires? Is there a formula so you know how much less to keep the air volume constant?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a few different ways to look at correct inflation for moving up tire sizes but you did not move enough on tire size to worry about it!!!

What brand and name tire did you end up going with?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
There are a few different ways to look at correct inflation for moving up tire sizes but you did not move enough on tire size to worry about it!!!

What brand and name tire did you end up going with?

My Compass came with stock tires that were Continental ContiCross Contact LX2 and I replaced for the same brand and model only that the new ones were made in Portugal and the old ones, in Brazil. So, I changed for soft rubber. All tires made in Brazil are hard rubber. A total different driving experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, this morning I installed Yokohama G015 Geolandar All Terrain 225 55 18 on my Italian Compass Limited.
Do you like it?

Attachments

·
Registered
909 Posts
cannoncino said:
Hi, this morning I installed Yokohama G015 Geolandar All Terrain 225 55 18 on my Italian Compass Limited.
Do you like it?

I've been waiting forever for someone to try those tires and post something so I could get an idea of what they would look like on my Jeep, and you even have the same color!

Post more pics! Post a video! Post a review! How do they ride? Are they loud? How do they feel?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wanted to add to all this: I put 235/60/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3s on my stock ‘18 latitude and they fit with no rubbing. Very close in terms of width but it fits and looks great.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just wanted to add to all this: I put 235/60/17 Cooper Discoverer AT3s on my stock ‘18 latitude and they fit with no rubbing. Very close in terms of width but it fits and looks great.
Any pictures?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Is the sport appearance package where the trail rated badges came from?
eBay... I kinda not for putting this on non-trailhawk trims it is hard to figure out who has what on the forum unless listed :/

Reason being that is people have trim specific questions we can't go by pics we have to reach out and ask or hope it is listed in there "garage"

meh each there own

·
Registered
35 Posts
Having the 16 inch wheels comes in handy here. Rather have the larger tire wall to fill in the wheel wells as opposed to the larger wheels with less tire wall.

I think the 225/70 for 16's and as mentioned about 225/65 17's are going to be the best bets - with little to no noticable change to performance / fuel economics.

Again, i'll test this out next week and report back for 16 inch wheels. Someone else will have to take the plunge for the 17s.
I just bought these Rims / Tires: Mopar 18" Granite Crystal Wheel - Jeep Compass

Part # 82214667AC CAST ALUMINUM - WHEEL $147.68 4 $590.72

Subtotal: $590.72
Estimated Shipping: $95.01
Total: $685.73

and

4 Yokohama Geolandar At G015 - P225/55r18
US $682.83 Free Shipping

off of eBay. They should be here by the end of the week. I'll post pics once they are on the Jeep.

Attachments

·
Registered
35 Posts
Good morning all! Just thought I'd drop in my experience running 225/55R18 - let me know what you think, thanks guys!
Awesome! I just bought the same set up lol:
Mopar 18" Granite Crystal Wheel - Jeep Compass

Part # 82214667AC CAST ALUMINUM - WHEEL $147.68 4 $590.72

Subtotal: $590.72
Estimated Shipping: $95.01
Total: $685.73

and

4 Yokohama Geolandar At G015 - P225/55r18
US $682.83 Free Shipping

Should be here and on by the end of next week. Yours look GREAT! Now I'm really excited to get mine bolted up.

What are your impressions after upsizing? Noticable didderence?

61 - 80 of 109 Posts