My Jeep Compass Forum banner

121 - 124 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello Folks,

I am new to the forum and I have bought brand new Jeep compass Limited plus.
SInce it came stock with 19 inch rims, I am in situation where I am limited with the A/T tyre models.
I already ordered 17 inch wheels and 225/65/17 Yokohama Geolandar G015 A/T
I have done some measurements and as the result these tyres have to fit.
My stock 19's are 235/45/19 or 27.4 inches in diameter. The new set with 17 wheels and 225/65/17 are 28.5 inches in diameter, so the difference is 1.14 inches more compared to the stock size.
I have seen in this topic these tyres will fit witn no rubing.

What I am trying to figure out is whether A/T tyres diameter the same as let's say highway terrain tyres with the same size. I am considering the agresive footprint of the AT tyres which might put extra size above specified size by the vendor.

Does anyone have this set of rims and tyres fitted to 2nd generation compass ? Mine is MY 2020 european model.

Thank you.

How it looks with stock 19 inch rims and 235/45/19 tyres

·
Registered
28 Posts
The tires should fit fine. Lots of folks on here are running that size. One area of concern would be the offset of the rim. >45-ish and you may have issues clearing the brake caliper.
Check the tire manufacturer for the exact description of the tire size. Sometimes they vary a bit from the advertised 225/65. But not much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you for your reply.
In fact the stock rims offest is 40mm. I have ordered 17 inch rims with 33mm offset . I belive I will get some more clearance in betweeen the whells and the car's body from the inside.

Once I have the new rims and tires mounted, I will post the measurements and the photos.

121 - 124 of 124 Posts